Have you finally had enough of wondering where the money will come from to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as millions of other people.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates once a year are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A study showed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on Lincoln Continental insurance is your objective, knowing how to quote and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates. There are many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates for Lincoln Continental insurance in Riverside.
Consumers need to compare prices yearly since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Lincoln Continental insurance in Riverside at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the right way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Finding more affordable Riverside auto insurance rates is a great way to save money. You just have to take the time to compare rates from different insurance companies.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to drive to all the different Riverside insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Lincoln Continental insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the trained advice of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Riverside Continental insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln Continental, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper rates with these money saving discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current Continental insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Lincoln Continental insurance.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow companies to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Riverside car insurance agents?
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Riverside auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
When researching a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents in Riverside can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can sell insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they are different since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are Riverside exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to include multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Riverside that can give you price quote information.
TNT Only 1 Insurance Agency
19510 Van Buren Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92508 – (888) 610-8865 – View Map
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What if I total my Lincoln Continental and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Smart shoppers get results
Budget-friendly insurance in Riverside is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When getting Riverside auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Lincoln Continental insurance in Riverside. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Riverside auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
How to find cheaper rates for Lincoln Continental insurance in Riverside
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Lincoln Continental insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Riverside. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More learning opportunities
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)