If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on Saturn Astra insurance in Riverside is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in California.
Step 1: Read and learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to keep prices down and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One thing to point out is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who compare price quotes will most likely buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is your objective, then learning a little about how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the ideas presented in this article. Locating the lowest-priced coverage in Riverside is simple if you know the tricks. But California drivers must learn the way insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Discount Riverside auto insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on the internet.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Astra can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Saturn could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Astra insurance in Riverside.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Riverside and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- 21st Century has discounts for theft prevention, automatic seat belts, good student, early bird, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, and teen driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, driver’s education, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, new move discount, safety features, exclusive group savings, newly married, new graduate, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
When quoting, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Riverside who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking a insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
If you want an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Riverside who may provide you with price quote information.
- Mike Powers – State Farm Insurance Agent
10850 Hole Ave a – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 687-3830 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kenneth Munaretto
3271 Arlington Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 369-0277 – View Map
- Gary Echito – State Farm Insurance Agent
3239 Chicago Ave – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 684-8450 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Riverside that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Del Smith Insurance Agency
1355 E Alessandro Blvd # 200 – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 653-2188 – View Map
- TNT Only 1 Insurance Agency
19510 Van Buren Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92508 – (888) 610-8865 – View Map
- Melendez Insurance Agency
3595 Van Buren Boulevard #201 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 687-9152 – View Map
After you get positive responses to these questions and inexpensive Saturn Astra insurance in Riverside quotes, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy. Just remember policyholders can cancel your policy whenever you wish so don’t assume that you are obligated to any specific company for any length of time.
Quote Saturn Astra Insurance for Less
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurers allow discounts to customers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other Riverside Astra insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Don’t cancel your auto insurance without a new one in place – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
Better rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut rates – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your car from being stolen.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you file a lot of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in California give the lowest premiums to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Good drivers pay less – Having just one ticket can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers with careless violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
Extra policy coverages may be wasting money – Policies have extra coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may sound like good ideas at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Insurance rates and vehicle performance – The performance level of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Three good reasons to insure your Astra
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Riverside, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Saturn at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The information displayed below could help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Lower-priced car insurance in Riverside can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
You just read many ideas to compare Saturn Astra insurance prices in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Riverside auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)