No one in their right mind gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes will probably switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of getting low-cost coverage. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who regularly compared rates saved on average $865 annually compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in Riverside is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of the best way to compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
How to save on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Riverside
The recommended way to find more affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers that sell auto insurance in Riverside. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
You have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to find a good deal for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Riverside.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates before your next renewal because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest rates on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Riverside at your last renewal you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to find great coverage at a great price.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Riverside, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Fiat 124 Spider in Riverside, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Fiat 124 Spider, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Fiat at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Fiat as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their insurance company to spy on their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Fiat could earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Switch & Save, multi-policy, safety device, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and online quote.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, federal employee, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, air bags, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and multiple policy.
Check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Discounts may not be offered in your state. To see a list of providers that offer discounts in California, click here.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a Fiat 124 Spider?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.