A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could save an average of $500 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Riverside is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in California.
- First, spend some time learning about how insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for tips to help keep prices low and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper IS 200t coverage is available in Riverside. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to analyze every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, use these cost-cutting techniques to find the best rates and still have adequate protection. Finding and comparing more affordable coverage in Riverside is easy to do. Comparison shoppers just need to learn the least time-consuming way to compare company rates online.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Riverside, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your Lexus IS 200t and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Don’t abuse auto insurance claims – Car insurance companies in California give better rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Policy add-ons add up – Policies have extra add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
Men pay higher costs – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. They both are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Accidents mean higher prices – Drivers with clean records get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
Premiums are affected by your credit history – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Lexus IS 200t by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Auto insurance policy lapses increase rates – Going without insurance will be a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the California DMV.
Vehicle features that lower auto insurance rates – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Don’t overlook these Lexus IS 200t insurance discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- College Student – College-age children living away from Riverside attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Riverside may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer discounts in California, click here.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Should I rate my Lexus IS 200t as pleasure use or commute?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Riverside.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Riverside auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents in Riverside are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Riverside that may be able to provide free insurance quotes.
- Joseph Insurance Services
3694 Sunnyside Dr – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 683-0777 – View Map
- Gibson-Hadley Insurance Agency Inc – Mercury Insurance Agent
10363 Hole Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (888) 955-0950 – View Map
- Del Smith Insurance Agency
1355 E Alessandro Blvd # 200 – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 653-2188 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following are Riverside exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Cynthia MC Ghee
6710 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 369-8850 – View Map
- Steve McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Adams St, Ste C10-J – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 785-6140 – View Map
- Maria Abrigo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7000 Indiana Ave #113 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 782-8450 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Riverside should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Riverside?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
After getting acceptable answers to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just understand that policyholders can cancel a policy at any point so don’t think you are locked into a specific company with no way to switch.
California auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the best auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices there are in California. The company information shown below may help you decide which car insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Lexus IS 200t insurance in Riverside can be purchased on the web and with local Riverside insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to shop for Lexus IS 200t insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Riverside auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at these sites:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)