Unbelievable but true according to a study most auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in California could save up to 35% every year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Riverside is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in California.
- Spend some time learning about car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Keep in mind that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Riverside Titan XD insurance quotes online, so you need to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Informed Drivers Know How to Get Car Insurance Cheaper
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – The majority of insurers give discounts for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Poor driving means higher prices – Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Even one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who get dangerous tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Nissan. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Get hitched and get cheaper premiums – Having a spouse may save some money on car insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Improve your credit history – Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Titan XD by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with worse credit.
- Deter theft and pay less – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Keep the miles off and save – The higher the miles on your Nissan every year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your Titan XD can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance coverage states how each vehicle is driven.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Riverside, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
What is the best car insurance company in Riverside?
Selecting a good quality car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Riverside. The company rank data below could help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies