Locating the most affordable Riverside BMW M2 insurance quotes on the web might seem somewhat intimidating for vehicle owners new to comparing prices over the internet. With such a large choice of insurance companies available, how can vehicle owners have a chance to compare all the different companies and get cheaper insurance prices?
Unbelievable but true, almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. California drivers can save 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes yearly because prices change regularly. If you had the best rates on BMW M2 insurance in Riverside a year ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the quickest way to find better coverage on BMW M2 insurance in Riverside at a better price.
It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give online Riverside M2 insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Riverside Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can earn better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, accident-free, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, federal employee, multi-vehicle, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, and good student.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer discounts in Riverside, click here.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate BMW M2 Insurance Rates
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
Listed below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Continuous car insurance coverage lowers rates – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Some companies give a discount for people that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may save even more by buying car insurance from a different company.
With age comes responsibility – Youthful drivers in California are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a teenage driver onto your car insurance can really hurt. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Loss probability for a BMW M2 – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for BMW M2 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|BMW M235 i 2dr||155||277|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies near you
Many drivers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agents is important particularly in Riverside.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Riverside who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Riverside for you
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you should know the different agency structures that you can select. Riverside agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Riverside that can give you price quote information.
- Riverside Insurance Agency Inc.
#B, 125 W La Cadena Dr – Riverside, CA 92501 – (951) 684-3500 – View Map
- Mercury Insurance Agent – Quotes
3410 La Sierra Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 732-7770 – View Map
- Rick Plata Insurance Agency
4204 Riverwalk Pkwy #200 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 801-2032 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Riverside who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Rose Smith
4270 Riverwalk Pkwy #110 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 549-3900 – View Map
- Gary Echito – State Farm Insurance Agent
3239 Chicago Ave – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 684-8450 – View Map
- Jean Sullivan – State Farm Insurance Agent
6511 Brockton Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 683-3131 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Any good agent in Riverside should know the answers to these questions.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
After getting acceptable answers and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you are entitled to terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don’t feel that you are obligated to a specific company for a certain time period.
Lower rates by being persistent
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be less work than you think.
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare BMW M2 insurance rates in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you quote Riverside car insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
How to buy affordable BMW M2 insurance in Riverside
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Riverside is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in California. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)