It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who get price comparisons will most likely buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who compared rates regularly saved as much as $72 a month compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Cadillac ATS insurance in Riverside is your ultimate objective, knowing how to find and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The easiest way to find discount car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who sell insurance in Riverside.
- First, try to understand auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and poor credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on ATS insurance. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Ways to get Cadillac ATS insurance quotes in Riverside, CA
All the larger insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes online. This process is pretty easy as you simply enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, the quote system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these factors. Using the web to get quotes for Cadillac ATS insurance in Riverside makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to get a lower rate.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Three good reasons to insure your Cadillac ATS
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac ATS has a lienholder, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
- Car insurance protects your Cadillac and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to save money.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates. Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine your premiums.
Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your ATS is throwing money out the window. Double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
Discounts for theft deterrents – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Don’t cancel your auto insurance without a new one in place – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Does your vocation cost you more? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as military personnel, social workers, and dentists have higher average rates due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Coverage deductibles are a factor – Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Insurance losses for a Cadillac ATS – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Specific Cadillac Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is my trailer covered?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Shop smart and save
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Cadillac ATS insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Riverside is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Riverside auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Riverside Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)