If you want to save money, the best way to save on Chevy Sonic insurance in Riverside is to compare prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in California. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who compare other prices are highly likely to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved about $860 a year compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on Chevy Sonic insurance is why you’re here, then having an understanding of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can save time and money.
Chevy Sonic insurance discounts in Riverside
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Riverside car insurance online.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Riverside car insurance quote.
- Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Riverside car insurance quote.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on their website.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To locate auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
How to find low cost Chevy Sonic insurance in Riverside
All the larger car insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing on their websites. Getting Chevy Sonic insurance prices online is very simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the form. Once you submit the form, the system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
The ability to get online rates for Chevy Sonic insurance in Riverside makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Riverside car insurance agent
Some people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to companies in Riverside who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Riverside exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quote information.
- Josh Terraneau – State Farm Insurance Agent
5053 La Mart Dr #103 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 784-4353 – View Map
- Adolfo Saldana – State Farm Insurance Agent
7344 Magnolia Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 637-3100 – View Map
- Lynne Dattilo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6560 Van Buren Boulevard a – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3700 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with smaller companies which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Riverside that are able to give rate quotes.
- Danmar Insurance Services
9899 Indiana Ave #101 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 509-0509 – View Map
- AIS | Auto Insurance Specialists | Riverside
1600 Iowa Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 782-8100 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated – Woodcrest
18791 Van Buren Boulevard Suite C – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 780-4075 – View Map
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance. Just keep in mind consumers can cancel coverage at any point so never assume that you’re stuck with any specific agency indefinitely.
Affordable car insurance rates are out there
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned many tips how you can lower your Chevy Sonic insurance premium rates in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Discount Chevy Sonic insurance in Riverside can be found on the web and with local Riverside insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)