If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost Dodge Stratus insurance in Riverside is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in California.
- Step 1: Read about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as your driving record and poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more details to help keep prices low and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Make sure you keep the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates once a year are likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning about how to find companies and compare car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Companies offering Dodge Stratus insurance in Riverside
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Amount of liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married may save some money compared to being single. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Safer cars save money – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
- Is you vocation costing you more? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher average rates because of intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that may not really be needed on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Cheaper auto insurance rates for prior coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could earn you a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Men tend to take more risk – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- With age comes responsibility – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Drivers with little experience have been known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get lower premium rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for annual mileage, good driver, anti-theft, ease of repair, multi-policy, age of vehicle, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, pay in full, good student, homeowner, teen driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau discounts include youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, driver’s education, good driver, defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Allstate may offer discounts for auto/life discount, new car, resident student, FullPay discount, early signing, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, military active duty, daytime running lights, membership and employees, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not apply in your area. To see insurance companies with the best Dodge Stratus insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Auto insurance is available from agents near you
Many people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents in Riverside that give free quotes for your business. You never need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Riverside?
- What companies can they write with?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
If you want a local Riverside insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Riverside exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Carol Uhler – State Farm Insurance Agent
11731 Sterling Ave d – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 688-9911 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Anna Ramirez
3590 Central Ave #212 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 274-0047 – View Map
- Steve McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Adams St, Ste C10-J – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 785-6140 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Riverside that can give you price quotes.
- Epstein Insurance Agency
11750 Carly Court – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 687-1012 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated – Woodcrest
18791 Van Buren Boulevard Suite C – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 780-4075 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated
6809 Indiana Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (877) 898-9333 – View Map
After getting good responses to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
Best car insurance in Riverside
Ending up with the right auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Riverside. The ranking data shown below could help you decide which companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is GAP insurance?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How high should deductibles be on a Dodge Stratus?
- Does my Dodge Stratus qualify for pleasure use?
- What states are considered no-fault?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
More effort can pay off
Cheaper auto insurance in Riverside can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Dodge Stratus insurance rates in Riverside. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)