Do you want to learn to get more competitive auto insurance rates in Riverside, CA? Riverside shoppers have many options when shopping for the best price on Ford Mustang insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and obtain the lowest price either online or from Riverside insurance agents.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons yearly due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Ford Mustang insurance in Riverside last year you can probably find a lower rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about Mustang insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best ways to save money.
The purpose of this article is to introduce you to the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings If you are already insured, you will surely be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Save with these discounts on Ford Mustang insurance in Riverside
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers can get better insurance rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Riverside could trigger savings on your policy.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount should definitely cut your premiums.
The example below shows the difference between Ford Mustang car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, defensive driving training, good driver, and multiple autos.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, early bird, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, good driver, good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, air bags, multi-vehicle, military active duty, membership and employees, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for location of vehicle, ease of repair, accident-free, type of vehicle, good driver, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, early shopping, multi-car, youthful driver, and homeowner.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be offered in every state. If you would like to view companies that offer discounts in Riverside, click here.
Ford Mustang insurance rates and statistics
The rate table shown next outlines a range of insurance coverage prices for Ford Mustang models. Having insight into how auto insurance prices are formulated is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$308||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,790||$149|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$308||$672||$746||$44||$224||$1,994||$166|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$348||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,932||$161|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$348||$774||$746||$44||$224||$2,136||$178|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$388||$978||$596||$36||$178||$2,176||$181|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$428||$1080||$746||$44||$224||$2,522||$210|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise coverage rates greatly.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Riverside
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Mustang insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Best auto insurance in Riverside
Finding the right company can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Riverside. The company information shown below can help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Components of Your Ford Mustang Insurance Rates
Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates.
- Save mileage and save money – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Mustang is throwing money out the window.
- Get hitched and pay less – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your car insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- How credit history affects car insurance rates – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Mustang if you clean up your credit. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Performance impacts insurance premiums – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums are usually found on economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following data uses these variables: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Ford Mustang insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Little extras can really add up – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Insurance loss data for Ford Mustang vehicles – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Ford Mustang vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Mustang Vehicles Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Mustang 2dr 175 80 131 109 136 117 Ford Mustang GT 2dr 171 61 143 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years