If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from providers in Riverside.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more information to get better rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates once a year are highly likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Kia Spectra insurance in Riverside is your ultimate objective, learning how to find and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
Low Cost companies for Kia Spectra insurance in California
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Score discounts on Riverside car insurance
Companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Riverside car insurance depending on your company.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not apply in every state. To find providers with significant discounts in California, click this link.
When to talk to an insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Riverside.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you need to find a good insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can handle car insurance, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are Riverside independent agents that can give you free rate quotes.
Gibson-Hadley Insurance Agency Inc – Mercury Insurance Agent
10363 Hole Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (888) 955-0950 – View Map
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Riverside exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Farmers Insurance Eric Wilkins Agency
7177 Brockton Ave #109 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 680-9213 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Riverside should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Who are their largest clients?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
This coverage pays for damage to your Spectra resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Spectra to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a deer, fire damage, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in California), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability car insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Lower rates by being persistent
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Riverside is possible online as well as from independent agents in Riverside, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.