Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. California drivers could save nearly 35% each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way we recommend to get budget Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to annually compare prices from providers that insure vehicles in Riverside. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and a bad credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for tips to help find cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Finding cheaper insurance prices is pretty simple and can save money. The only requirement is to take a few minutes comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discount Riverside auto insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow companies to track vehicle usage remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims before the accident.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
Companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your state.
Why you need Volkswagen vehicle insurance in California
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Riverside, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your e-Golf more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Local Riverside auto insurance agents and car insurance
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Riverside.
By using this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Riverside who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Riverside agents, there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Riverside are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will want to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
The following are Riverside independent insurance agents that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Strong Tie Insurance Services
1766 University Ave # 104 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 682-1200 – View Map
- TNT Only 1 Insurance Agency
19510 Van Buren Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92508 – (888) 610-8865 – View Map
- Mercury Insurance Agent – Quotes
3410 La Sierra Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 732-7770 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Riverside willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Steve McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Adams St, Ste C10-J – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 785-6140 – View Map
- Mike Orme – State Farm Insurance Agent
10452 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 688-8206 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Asif Sial
6325 Rutland Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 527-5050 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Riverside should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has their agency been in business in Riverside?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?