Tired of not being able to scrape enough together to insure your Acura every month? Your situation is no different than many other California drivers.
Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers can save almost $469 each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy. Since drivers have many different company options, it’s nearly impossible to choose the most affordable insurance company.
Companies offering Acura TLX insurance in California
The providers in the list below provide quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Acura TLX insurance discounts in Riverside
Some insurers do not advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data collection to look at their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Good Student – This discount may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new TLX can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, membership and employees, multi-policy, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good student, ease of repair, type of vehicle, professional/association, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for defensive driver, theft prevention, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, student driver, and air bags.
- Allstate has savings for defensive driver, teenSMART discount, multi-policy, senior citizen, premier discount, safe driver, and eSmart discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Riverside. To view insurers that offer many of these discounts in California, follow this link.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Riverside insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is still important in Riverside.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Riverside that can provide free Riverside car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Types of car insurance agents
If you would like to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Riverside are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Below are Riverside independent agencies that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
TNT Only 1 Insurance Agency
19510 Van Buren Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92508 – (888) 610-8865 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Riverside that are able to give price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Riverside?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This covers damage to your TLX from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your TLX to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for ambulance fees, doctor visits, X-ray expenses, funeral costs and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, medical services, funeral expenses, bail bonds and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Acura TLX.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When searching for the cheapest Acura TLX rate quotes, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Cost effective Acura TLX insurance can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver or policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
How to buy low-cost Acura TLX insurance in Riverside
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Riverside is to compare prices regularly from providers in California.
- Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper TLX coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Much more information about insurance in California is located at the links below
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)