If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget Chevy Impala insurance in Riverside is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in California.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Riverside drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
Seven Tips to Get Cheaper Riverside Insurance Prices
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Drive lots and pay more – The more you drive your Chevy annually the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy reflects the right rating data. Having the wrong rating on your Impala is throwing money out the window.
- Liability coverage limits on your policy – Liability insurance will afford coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Prevent theft and save money – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy Impala has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Location can modify price – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Many insurers afford lower prices to buyers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Impala – Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Impala vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Impala Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Impala 104 89 135 122 122 104 Chevrolet Impala Limited 100 115 79 142 148 153BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Rates and information analytics
The rate information displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance costs for Chevy Impala models. Being able to understand how insurance policy rates are established can be of help when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Riverside location which can modify rates considerably.
Car insurance prices based on gender
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy Impala annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Impala liability-only versus full coverage
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Impala insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no set rule that is best for determining when to drop full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Impala settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Earn discounts on Riverside auto insurance
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Data Collection Discounts – Riverside drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Riverside could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below compares Chevy Impala premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Riverside, click here to view.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to get a better price on Chevy Impala insurance in Riverside. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from the least-expected company. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Lower-priced Chevy Impala insurance in Riverside can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in the articles below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)