Unimaginable but true, over 70% of California drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in America could save roughly 46.5% each year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost Honda Clarity insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in Riverside.
- Learn about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Riverside, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Five Tips to Get Cheap Riverside Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your premiums.
Never have policy lapses – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Premiums are affected by your credit score – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Honda Clarity by improving your rating. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
More performance means higher rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Accidents hurt – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received serious tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Clarity, almost all lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Honda and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Honda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to make sure the price is not too high.