Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved an average of $70 a month compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Lincoln MKT insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can make it easier for you to save money.
The easiest way to quote cheaper Lincoln MKT insurance in Riverside is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and your credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for instructions to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, put the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Best Lincoln MKT insurance price quotes in California
The auto insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lincoln MKT insurance analysis
The rate information below highlights a range of coverage prices for Lincoln MKT models. Learning more about how policy premiums are established is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$268||$454||$470||$28||$140||$1,360||$113|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$296||$522||$470||$28||$140||$1,456||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can influence premiums greatly.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The information below compares Lincoln MKT annual premium costs with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKT replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Riverside auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Riverside auto insurance quote when compared with bad drivers.
- College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Riverside and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below shows the difference between Lincoln MKT insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Riverside, follow this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand the factors that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The following are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your prices.
Your address can push rates up or down – Choosing to live in a small town can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents. City drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commute times. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
Females tend to take less risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKT insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Companies want multiple policies – Many companies will award lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare Lincoln MKT rates in Riverside to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Remove unneeded add-on coverages – Policies have additional coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Claims statistics for a Lincoln MKT – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that statistically have increased losses will have increased rates.
The data below shows the loss history for Lincoln MKT vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD||128||133|
|Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD||118||85||138||85|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I rate my Lincoln MKT as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Lincoln MKT to commute?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Compare rates but work with a local Riverside insurance agency
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Riverside.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Riverside auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Riverside agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Featured below are Riverside independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide pricing information.
Epstein Insurance Agency
11750 Carly Court – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 687-1012 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Riverside willing to provide price quotes.
Enrique Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9305 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 351-2085 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is there a local claims center in Riverside?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
What is the best car insurance company in Riverside?
Selecting the top insurer is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Riverside. The company rank data below could help you select which insurers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Lincoln MKT insurance in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Riverside auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at these sites:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Riverside, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)