Unimaginable but true, over 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Riverside could save themselves roughly $469 a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies.
The best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Riverside is to annually compare prices from providers who sell auto insurance in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and a bad credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get better rates and get bigger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One important bit of advice is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow consumers to get insurance quotes on their websites. The process is pretty painless as you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system will order your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted.
Getting online rate quotes for Volvo V90 insurance in Riverside makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Volvo V90 insurance discounts in Riverside
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Riverside car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount should help lower your overall premium however.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
Check with each company or agent how you can save money. Savings may not apply in Riverside.
Learn How to Buy Insurance Cheaper
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that are used to determine insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rate level.
- Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance coverage states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated V90 is just wasting money.
- Drivers with good credit save – An insured’s credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Volvo V90 if you improve your credit rating.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Having an address in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection – Liability insurance kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- More stress means more cost – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as fire fighters, executives, and dentists tend to have the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as actors, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Can’t I compare rates from local Riverside auto insurance agents?
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How long has their agency been open in Riverside?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Riverside?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Two types of Riverside car insurance agents
If you want local Riverside agents, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Riverside who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Cynthia MC Ghee
6710 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 369-8850 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Edward Lavalle
19318 Jesse Ln Ste 200 – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 222-3038 – View Map
- Scott Fowler – State Farm Insurance Agent
7177 Brockton Ave #340 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 777-2446 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, you will want to include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Riverside willing to provide price quotes.
- Prism Insurance Agency
9824 Magnolia Ave a – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 353-1200 – View Map
- Melendez Insurance Agency
3595 Van Buren Boulevard #201 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 687-9152 – View Map
- Mey’s Insurance Services
5586 Mission Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 684-0494 – View Map
If you get good answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is reliable enough to provide insurance coverage.
The best rates come from being thorough
Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Riverside can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)