We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are inclined to buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance is the reason you’re here, knowing how to find companies and compare coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost Chevy Bolt insurance in Riverside is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide car insurance in California.
- Read and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for instructions to help keep rates affordable and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Bolt coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to lower your rates and still have adequate protection. Finding the cheapest coverage in Riverside seems hard but is not really that difficult. Drivers only need an understanding of the least time-consuming way to compare prices over the internet.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information like whether the vehicles are used for commuting, the make and model of your vehicles, your job, and whether you are married. The rating information is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return quotes within a short period of time.
To check Chevy Bolt insurance prices now, click here and enter the information requested.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Riverside, CA. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their company to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Riverside auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
To view insurers that offer many of these discounts in California, click here.
Choosing the best Bolt insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Bolt insurance, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When should I contact an agent?
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Riverside.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Riverside that can provide free Riverside auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy insurance from a local Riverside insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can handle insurance, but we need to point out why they differ since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Riverside who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Riverside who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Upon receiving positive responses for all questions you ask as well as the cheapest Chevrolet Bolt insurance in Riverside quotes, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage at any time so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for the full term.