A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Riverside drivers could cut their rates by roughly 35% a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Riverside. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to point out is to try to use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Riverside Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Save money with alarm systems – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop vehicle theft.
- High deductibles lower prices – Deductibles for physical damage tell how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- High credit history translates to low premiums – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet City Express by improving your credit score.
Females pay lower premiums – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
- Combine and save – Many insurance companies will give a discount to insureds that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare Chevy City Express rates in Riverside to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices are usually found on lower cost passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The chart below assumes a married male driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Chevrolet City Express insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Inexpensive frequent insurance claims are not good – Car insurance companies in California provide lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of prices for Chevy City Express models. Learning how car insurance prices are established can benefit drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$268||$470||$596||$36||$178||$1,548||$129|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$268||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,648||$137|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$308||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,688||$141|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$308||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$308||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$308||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,790||$149|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,790||$149|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in Riverside location which can increase or decrease price quotes greatly.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can impact Chevy City Express insurance rates for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy City Express in Riverside, paying for auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your City Express, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Riverside car insurance online.
- Riverside Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Riverside car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple cars with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Riverside car insurance quote.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will bring down your premiums.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy City Express insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, driver’s education, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, membership and employees, driver training, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, newly married, multi-policy, good student, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, air bag, good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and driver training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer online Chevy City Express insurance quotes in Riverside, click here.
Getting quotes from local Riverside insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Riverside who will give you bids for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
When searching for a local Riverside insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Riverside are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Riverside exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Carl Couey
6670 Alessandro Blvd f – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 780-6660 – View Map
- Steve McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Adams St, Ste C10-J – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 785-6140 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rose Smith
4270 Riverwalk Pkwy #110 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 549-3900 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Riverside willing to provide price quotes.
- Mercury Insurance Agent – Quotes
3410 La Sierra Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 732-7770 – View Map
- Applied General Agency
1485 Spruce St – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 686-6120 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: EG Insurance Agency Inc
11728 Magnolia Ave Suite B – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 202-1871 – View Map
California auto insurance companies ranked
Picking the right car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Riverside. The information shown next can help you select which car insurance providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Low-cost Chevy City Express insurance in Riverside is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Riverside agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance is located in these articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)