If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount Chevy Cobalt insurance in Riverside is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in California.
- First, read about coverages and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price like your driving record and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for additional ideas to prevent rate hikes and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Cobalt coverage is available in Riverside. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to point out is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
A recent car insurance study revealed that most consumers in California renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. The average driver in the United States could pocket nearly 46.5% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
All major insurance companies give prices for coverage from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Chevy Cobalt insurance in Riverside is easy for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. When complete, their system orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price determined by many factors. The ability to get online quotes for Chevy Cobalt insurance in Riverside makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to perform this step in order to get the most affordable premium on insurance.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will have a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Check for these six discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so here is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Distant Student – Children living away from Riverside attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will help lower the premium cost.
The information below shows the difference between Chevy Cobalt insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, anti-theft, location of vehicle, accident-free, type of vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for bundle discounts, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, early shopping, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-vehicle, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, multiple policy, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Allstate may include discounts for good payer, utility vehicle, premier discount, FullPay discount, 55 and retired, premier plus, and safe driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, federal employee, defensive driver, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Riverside.
Chevy Cobalt insurance rate analysis
The rate table shown next outlines different prices for Chevy Cobalt models. Having a good understanding how insurance policy premiums are formulated can benefit drivers when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,598||$133|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,598||$133|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$296||$688||$530||$32||$158||$1,704||$142|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$296||$688||$530||$32||$158||$1,704||$142|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,636||$136|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$334||$688||$530||$32||$158||$1,742||$145|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$372||$896||$530||$32||$158||$1,988||$166|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific Riverside garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Chevy Cobalt premium costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Riverside?
Insurance agent types
If you need to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Riverside willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Riverside that are able to give rate quotes.
After getting good answers to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, consumers can cancel a policy whenever you wish so never feel that you’re stuck with the car insurance policy indefinitely.
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Cobalt.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto liability – Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like loss of income, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, falling objects, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, ambulance fees and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Cobalt to get cheaper collision coverage.
California car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a good quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Riverside. The ranking information shown next may help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
When getting Riverside auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered many ideas to get a better price on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Affordable Chevy Cobalt insurance in Riverside can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)