Wish you could get out of an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people in Riverside just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who compare other prices will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. A survey found that people who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $865 a year compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable BMW X1 insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to quote prices and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Popular companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should make it a habit to compare prices at least once a year because rates change regularly. If you had the best rate on BMW X1 insurance in Riverside at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the best way to save on car insurance.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand most of the larger companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details such as how your vehicles are used, the year, make and model of vehicles, an estimate of your credit level, and if you have a valid license. Your details is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and you get price estimates almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your BMW X1 now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Riverside.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance in California serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a BMW X1 in Riverside, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your BMW at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance protects both your assets and your BMW X1. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $850 per year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Components of Your BMW X1 Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Discounts for theft deterrents – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up prices – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in California award the best rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your BMW X1 scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Insurance losses for a BMW X1 – Companies factor in historical loss data when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for BMW X1 vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
BMW X1 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X1 4dr 2WD 99 86 113 90 95 87 BMW X1 4dr 4WD 103 96 120 73 69 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap BMW X1 insurance in Riverside
Car insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Riverside auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Riverside auto insurance quote.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, military active duty, membership and employees, and good student.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, multiple policy, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include accident-free, professional/association, good student, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, annual mileage, and good driver.
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, good student, theft prevention, 55 and older, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including auto/life discount, premier plus, EZ pay plan discount, economy car, and farm vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Riverside insurance agents?
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Listed below are agents in Riverside that may be willing to give price quotes for BMW X1 insurance in Riverside.
After you get good responses to these questions and inexpensive BMW X1 insurance in Riverside quotes, you may have found an insurer that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage.
Cheaper coverage is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective BMW X1 insurance can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for BMW X1 insurance in Riverside
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Riverside. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, try to understand auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Riverside. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below: