Are you kicking yourself for buying an overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because many Riverside drivers have buyer’s remorse.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved about $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is why you’re here, then learning about how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money. There are many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to get the best deal for Buick Verano insurance in Riverside.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes as often as possible since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rates on Buick Verano insurance in Riverside a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Riverside is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Smart buyers just have to know the least time-consuming way to compare prices online from multiple companies.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including whether you are married, your occupation, coverage limits, and the make and model of your vehicles. That rating data is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Riverside
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates. Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Poor credit history equals high prices – Credit score factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Buick Verano by improving your rating. People that have good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Prices and employer – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as fire fighters, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher rates than average because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Getting married may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. It means you’re more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Better drivers pay less – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Getting just one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have serious violations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Car features can affect prices – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Age of drivers – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Buick Verano claim probability – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Buick Verano Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is not optional in California
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Verano insurance, buying car insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick Verano has a lienholder, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Buick gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.