Regrettably, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Riverside can cut their rates by roughly $500 a year, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget Chevy Camaro insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Riverside.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Camaro insurance in Riverside
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Riverside Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current Camaro insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Riverside auto insurance online.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Paperwork-free – A few insurance companies provide a small discount simply for signing on the internet.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Camaro auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, defensive driver, military active duty, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, defensive driver, new vehicle, good student, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, early bird, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for online shopper, good driver, claim free, multi-car, DriveSense, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include multi-car, switch companies, pay in full, distant student, mature driver, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Riverside. To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in Riverside, click here.
Most larger insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get pricing on the web. This process is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in your required coverages into the form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system requests your driving record and credit report and generates a price. Getting online price quotes for Chevy Camaro insurance in Riverside simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this if you want to get cheaper rates.
If you want to compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage table displayed below showcases different insurance rates for Chevy Camaro models. Knowing how auto insurance policy rates are established is important for you to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in Riverside location which can change auto insurance rates considerably.
Safe drivers Riverside pay cheaper rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions increase Chevy Camaro annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Camaro auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Camaro settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If they are an independent agency in Riverside, which companies do they recommend?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
If you are wanting to find local Riverside agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Riverside are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the selection process.
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Riverside exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Below are Riverside independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Gibson-Hadley Insurance Agency Inc – Mercury Insurance Agent
10363 Hole Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (888) 955-0950 – View Map
Riverside car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the top company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Riverside. The company information shown next can help you choose which companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Affordable car insurance premiums are possible
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned a lot of ways to save on Chevy Camaro insurance in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)