It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop rates annually are highly likely to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who compared rates once a year saved on average $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is why you’re here, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Riverside.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Riverside. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Riverside can be made easier if you know where to look. Vehicle owners just have to understand the most effective way to compare rates from multiple carriers.
Get affordable Chevy SS insurance in Riverside with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new move discount, multi-car, safety features, good student, newly married, new vehicle discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family may include discounts for bundled insurance, early bird, air bags, good driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for youthful driver, homeowner, multi-car, mature driver, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, anti-theft, paperless, good student, company car, paid in full, and air bags.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, accident prevention training, drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, multi-car, and teen safety rewards.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in every state. To see a list of companies who offer cheap Chevy SS insurance quotes in Riverside, click here.
Lowering your Chevy SS auto insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to drive around to different Riverside agent offices. The ability to quote Chevy SS insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the advice and guidance of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Riverside, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When choosing your policy, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy SS?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Who is covered when they drive my Chevy SS?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Riverside.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Riverside that can give you free Riverside auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a local Riverside insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can write auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Riverside who may provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Riverside willing to provide price quote information.
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Riverside should be willing to answer these questions.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Quote more to save more
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered some good ideas how to save on Chevy SS insurance in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with the least-expected company.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)