If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Riverside.
First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for instructions to get better rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Sadly, over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. California consumers could cut their rates by almost 35% a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional in California
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Riverside, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts can help lower rates on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Riverside
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies early. It can save you around 10%.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small discount on rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
To view insurance companies with the best Chevy TrailBlazer insurance discounts in Riverside in Riverside, click here.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Riverside.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Riverside who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Riverside are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can write insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Riverside that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Strong Tie Insurance Services
1766 University Ave # 104 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 682-1200 – View Map
- Atchley and Associates Insurance Services
7891 Mission Grove Pkwy S – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 275-0340 – View Map
- Rick Plata Insurance Agency
4204 Riverwalk Pkwy #200 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 801-2032 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below are Riverside exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Troy Manning – State Farm Insurance Agent
4955 Felspar St j – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 360-9921 – View Map
- Scott Fowler – State Farm Insurance Agent
7177 Brockton Ave #340 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 777-2446 – View Map
- Josh Terraneau – State Farm Insurance Agent
5053 La Mart Dr #103 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 784-4353 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What company do they have the most business with?
In the end, you can save money
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from the least-expected company.
Budget-conscious Chevy TrailBlazer insurance can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)