It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $850 each year compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is the reason for your visit, understanding how to quote and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Truthfully, the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Riverside is to do a yearly price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in California.
- Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap prices in California
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Detailed insurance information
The rate information displayed next highlights estimates of policy rates for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Learning as much as possible about how policy premiums are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$370||$766||$650||$38||$194||$2,018||$168|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$370||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,134||$178|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$370||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,134||$178|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$370||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,134||$178|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$370||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,134||$178|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$370||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,134||$178|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$412||$766||$650||$38||$194||$2,060||$172|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$412||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,176||$181|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$412||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,176||$181|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$412||$766||$650||$38||$194||$2,060||$172|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$412||$766||$650||$38||$194||$2,060||$172|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$412||$998||$650||$38||$194||$2,292||$191|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$412||$998||$650||$38||$194||$2,292||$191|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$412||$766||$650||$38||$194||$2,060||$172|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$412||$766||$650||$38||$194||$2,060||$172|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$412||$766||$650||$38||$194||$2,060||$172|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$454||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,218||$185|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$454||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,218||$185|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$454||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,218||$185|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$454||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,218||$185|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific Riverside garaging location which can change insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions raise Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no set rule to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 2500 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Take advantage of these eight discounts on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Riverside
Some providers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Riverside car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has discounts for student away at school, early quote, save driver, IntelliDrive, new car, payment discounts, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, bundle discounts, and distant student.
- USAA offers discounts for multi-policy, driver training, good student, defensive driver, loyalty savings, military installation, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new graduate, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, safety features, and good student.
If you need low cost Riverside car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Riverside. To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Riverside, click here to view.
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When should I get advice from an insurance agency?
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Riverside.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Riverside who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to contact an agency because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find a local Riverside insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Riverside are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Riverside who may provide free price quotes.
- Bergman Insurance
6281 Brockton Ave # 2 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 684-3624 – View Map
- Del Smith Insurance Agency
1355 E Alessandro Blvd # 200 – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 653-2188 – View Map
- Preferred Insurance
3501 Adams St – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 689-4830 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Riverside who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Enrique Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9305 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 351-2085 – View Map
- Mike Orme – State Farm Insurance Agent
10452 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 688-8206 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Adrian Cisneros
7145 Magnolia Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 373-3773 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Upon receiving satisfactory answers for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance agent that can properly service your insurance policy. Just be aware that you can always cancel coverage whenever you wish so never assume that you are obligated to any specific agency indefinitely.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as legal defense fees, funeral expenses and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like funeral costs, pain medications, nursing services, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5 in California), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Ram 2500 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Shop smart and save
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates in Riverside. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Riverside car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Riverside is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)