It’s shocking but a large majority of insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Riverside drivers can save approximately 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Riverside. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a low credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Riverside. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Riverside can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using these techniques. Comparison shoppers just have to know the proper methods to get comparison rates from many different companies.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Kia Sedona insurance in Riverside is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including how much you drive, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, how much school you completed, and level of coverage desired. The data is then submitted to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your Kia Sedona now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Car insurance data for a Kia Sedona
The table below outlines a range of insurance costs for Kia Sedona models. Learning more about how auto insurance premiums are established is important for you to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Riverside garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices significantly.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Kia Sedona insurance rates for each different age category. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance prices based on gender
The example below shows the difference between Kia Sedona yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Kia Sedona insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Kia Sedona claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Sedona in Riverside, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Sedona, most banks will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Riverside is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Quote Kia Sedona Insurance Cheaper
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Higher rates for tough jobs – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like lawyers, social workers, and medical professionals generally have higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations like professors, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
Better drivers have lower prices – Just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received careless violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Kia Sedona auto insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Teen drivers cost more – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Many insurance companies will award lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare Kia Sedona rates in Riverside to ensure the best deal.
Kia Sedona insurance loss statistics – Companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Sedona vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sedona Vehicles Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sedona 102 64 96 116BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap insurance rates are possible
We covered some good ideas how to reduce Kia Sedona insurance premium rates online in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)