Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in California could pocket about $469 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to go online and compare rates.
Really, the only way to quote cheaper Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Riverside.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and find hidden discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Riverside. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One bit of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. These tips will help you learn the most effective way to quote insurance and how to save the most money. Shoppers just need to understand the tricks to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Finding cheap Riverside car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. All you need to do is spend a little time to compare rate quotes to find the company with affordable Riverside car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mercedes-Benz in Riverside, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mercedes-Benz with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercedes-Benz at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Mercedes-Benz and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Mercedes-Benz gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in California overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Riverside
Some companies don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could be rewarded with lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, good student, driver training, and early bird.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, good driver, early bird, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, and good driver.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policies in your area.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always remember that when buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What are good deductibles for a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in California. The information shown next could help you choose which companies to look at purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies