We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop for lower rates are very likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who shopped around annually saved approximately $865 annually compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Riverside is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Riverside is to compare quotes once a year from companies who sell insurance in California.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like distracted driving and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides more ideas to help find cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. When you receive it, put the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To find cheap prices, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer insurance in California. The best way to do a complete rate comparison is simply to get online rate quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to drive to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the guidance of a local agent. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy. When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company provides online Riverside Montego insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Mercury at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Montego are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Riverside is overpaying over $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discount Riverside car insurance rates
Some companies don’t always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on the internet.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to study driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Riverside and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, accident-free, early bird, good student, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple policy, good student, good driver, and passive restraint.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, teen driver, early bird, and good student.
- Travelers may offer discounts for good student, driver training, home ownership, continuous insurance, new car, and early quote.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, anti-theft, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Riverside. To see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here.