Would you like to find more competitive Pontiac Solstice insurance in Riverside? Searching for the most affordable Riverside Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes on the web may seem to be rather difficult for vehicle owners new to comparing and buying car insurance over the internet. With such a big selection of agents and insurers available, how can anyone be able to compare every possible option in order to find cheaper car insurance prices?
How to find affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance in Riverside
The best way we recommend to get affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who provide auto insurance in Riverside. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Solstice coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in California can save $470 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheap car insurance rates.
Consumers need to compare premium rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest rate on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Riverside at your last renewal you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out the proper way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Riverside.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices from them, too.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for before they will apply.
- College Student – Children living away from Riverside attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable companies to spy on driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best insurance rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Pontiac can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better premium rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get lower premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Riverside car insurance quote.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Farm Bureau has discounts for 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, passive restraint, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- Allstate has savings for teenSMART discount, EZ pay plan discount, premier plus, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, accident-free, anti-theft, family plan, good student, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy
It’s a good idea to ask every company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your state. To view providers with discount rates in California, click here.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac Solstice in Riverside, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Solstice, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Pontiac gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Riverside?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Riverside auto insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Riverside?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you would like to find a local Riverside insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Riverside that can give you rate quotes.
- Lynne Dattilo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6560 Van Buren Boulevard a – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3700 – View Map
- Carol Uhler – State Farm Insurance Agent
11731 Sterling Ave d – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 688-9911 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Ronald Alldis
6600 Jurupa Ave #202 – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 788-2005 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Riverside independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Gibson-Hadley Insurance Agency Inc – Mercury Insurance Agent
10363 Hole Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (888) 955-0950 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated
6809 Indiana Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (877) 898-9333 – View Map
- Dashers Insurance Riverside
10066 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-2445 – View Map
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is professional and can provide insurance coverage.