Want more competitive Dodge Avenger insurance in Riverside? Feel like you’re a prisoner to an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because many Riverside drivers feel the same as you.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate are likely to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to find and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Dodge Avenger insurance in Riverside
Truthfully, the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Riverside. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover more information to find cheap prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Riverside. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Many auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to find the cheapest price on Dodge Avenger insurance in Riverside.
You need to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Dodge Avenger insurance in Riverside on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of information about Avenger insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to save money.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Some providers don’t list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Riverside auto insurance online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Riverside auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with a few insurance companies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower price if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Avenger may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Avenger auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include business and professional, mature driver, alternative fuel, multi-car, good student, electronic funds transfer, and distant student.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, driver’s education, multiple policy, student away at school, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
Check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Riverside. To locate insurance companies who offer online Dodge Avenger insurance quotes in California, click here.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Dodge Avenger insurance charts and tables
The premium information below highlights detailed analysis of coverage costs for Dodge Avenger models. Learning a little about how car insurance premiums are formulated can aid in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Riverside
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Avenger premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When buying a policy, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Dodge Avenger?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t I need to have guidance from an insurance agent?
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Insurance agent types
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Riverside that are able to give price quote information.
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Riverside independent agents that are able to give price quotes.
6281 Brockton Ave # 2 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 684-3624 – View Map
Why you need quality insurance for your Dodge Avenger
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Riverside, paying for car insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Avenger, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Dodge Avenger and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills like chiropractic care, pain medications and funeral costs. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, a broken windshield, theft, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, legal defense fees, emergency aid and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Avenger to save money on collision insurance.
Smart consumers save more
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Affordable Dodge Avenger insurance in Riverside can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to buying affordable Dodge Avenger insurance in Riverside
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Riverside. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic citations and poor credit can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)