Truthfully, the best way to get budget Dodge Durango insurance in Riverside is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in California. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help prevent costly coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who rate shop once a year will presumably switch companies because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Riverside is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
Finding more affordable car insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to go to and from local Riverside insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Dodge Durango insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the peace of mind of a local Riverside agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Riverside may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, air bags, emergency military deployment, driver training, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, safe driver, multi-car, drive less, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- MetLife discounts include good student, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, early bird, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
If you want cheaper Riverside car insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Riverside. To see companies with discount rates in California, click here.
When to contact an agent
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Riverside who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
If you want a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Riverside can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the differences since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Riverside who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Enrique Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9305 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 351-2085 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Riverside that can give you rate quotes.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by companies to determine your prices.
Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. An incorrectly rated Durango can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
Defend yourself with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Your vocation and car insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and accountants have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like professors, historians and homemakers pay the least.
Dodge Durango historical loss data – Auto insurance companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Dodge Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD||88||110||91||104||90||100|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD||90||115||97||92||93||102|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Riverside, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Persistence pays off
Affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Riverside can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read by following these links:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)