Do you want to learn to get cheaper Dodge Viper insurance in Riverside? Pricey car insurance in Riverside can overdraw your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Price shopping at each renewal is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in California have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in the United States could save almost 46.5% each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Consumers have many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, having more insurance companies makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Dodge Viper insurance in Riverside.
Rate information and statistics
The premium table shown below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Viper models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are formulated can be of help when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$580||$1462||$574||$34||$172||$2,822||$235|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$580||$1462||$574||$34||$172||$2,822||$235|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in your specific Riverside location which can alter premiums considerably.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper insurance rates
The diagram below shows how violations and fender-benders can impact Dodge Viper annual premium costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Viper insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive rule to delete comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Viper claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Dodge Viper Insurance Premium Factors
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Keep the miles off and save – The higher the miles on your Dodge annually the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Viper may be costing you. Verify your vehicle rating is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Lots of insurers will award better rates to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in California award most affordable rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Dodge. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Car features can affect prices – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
Loss statistics for a Dodge Viper – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Dodge Viper vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Dodge Viper Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Viper 2dr 147BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much can you save?
In this article, we covered many tips how you can find lower-cost Dodge Viper insurance in Riverside. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When you buy Riverside auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find affordable Dodge Viper insurance in Riverside
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Dodge Viper insurance in Riverside is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in California.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Impreza in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)