It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year are likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved about $865 a year compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the best rates on Fiat 500 insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning about the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Riverside is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, follow these tips to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Our goal in writing this article instruct you on how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process Drivers just have to understand the quickest method to compare different rates instantly.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data submission to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Riverside auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include age of vehicle, annual mileage, type of vehicle, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, driver training, anti-theft, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Riverside. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Riverside, follow this link.
Five Things That Influence Your Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Get hitched and get better premiums – Being married may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Where you live plays a part – Residing in a small town is a good thing when buying car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure – Beginning drivers in California are proven to be less responsible when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
- Cheaper rates by consolidating – Most insurers afford lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Infrequent drivers can save – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Incorrect rating for your 500 is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Insurance losses for a Fiat 500 – Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Fiat 500 Vehicles Specific Fiat Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting quotes from local Riverside car insurance agents
Some consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Riverside that can provide free Riverside auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a provider requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can select. Agencies in Riverside are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both do a good job, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Riverside that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Dominique Tran
10800 Hole Ave #3 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 343-3408 – View Map
- Allstate: Gene P. Johnson
7201 Arlington Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3211 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cynthia MC Ghee
6710 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 369-8850 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Riverside who can help you get price quotes.
- Mey’s Insurance Services
5586 Mission Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 684-0494 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated – Woodcrest
18791 Van Buren Boulevard Suite C – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 780-4075 – View Map
- Atchley and Associates Insurance Services
7891 Mission Grove Pkwy S – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 275-0340 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Riverside?
Picking the right insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Riverside. The company information in the lists below could help you pick which providers you want to consider when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cover all your bases
Some auto insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies. Lower-priced Fiat 500 insurance in Riverside is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)