Unfortunately, 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in America could cut their rates by up to $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable Saab 9-7X insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers in Riverside.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like speeding and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for the details to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, keep your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Take advantage of these seven discounts on Saab 9-7X insurance in Riverside
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application over the internet.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click this link.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as pain and suffering, emergency aid, medical services and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your 9-7X caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your 9-7X to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, dental work, doctor visits, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, a broken windshield, hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Saab 9-7X.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in California), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Ratings for Riverside car insurance companies
Finding the top company is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Riverside. The company information shown below could help you pick which companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Quote more to save more
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to reduce Saab 9-7X insurance rates online in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Discount Saab 9-7X insurance in Riverside can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Riverside, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)