Do you want to save money by buying low-cost car insurance rates in Riverside, CA? Riverside buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance. They can either waste time driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Ford and find the best price possible from both online companies and Riverside agents.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Riverside can be much easier if you know how to start. If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. You just need to learn the most time-saving way to get comparison rates from many companies at once.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Don’t overlook these Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Distant Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your rates slightly.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings when getting a Riverside auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To find companies offering insurance discounts in Riverside, follow this link.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is there a local claims center in Riverside?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Riverside?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Riverside willing to provide rate quotes.
- Adolfo Saldana – State Farm Insurance Agent
7344 Magnolia Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 637-3100 – View Map
- Carol Uhler – State Farm Insurance Agent
11731 Sterling Ave d – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 688-9911 – View Map
- Allstate: Gene P. Johnson
7201 Arlington Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3211 – View Map
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are Riverside independent insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Mey’s Insurance Services
5586 Mission Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 684-0494 – View Map
- Applied General Agency
1485 Spruce St – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 686-6120 – View Map
- Bergman Insurance
6281 Brockton Ave # 2 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 684-3624 – View Map
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower insurance prices.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most major insurance companies give a discount to insureds that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
- Does insurance coverage cost more for men? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
- Incidental coverages you don’t use – There are many extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Poor credit rating equals high costs – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your Ford C-Max Hybrid by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Lower stress equals lower prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as doctors, executives, and dentists generally have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress levels and long work days. Other jobs like professors, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Keep the miles off and save – The higher the mileage driven each year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct driver usage. Incorrect rating for your C-Max Hybrid may be costing you.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have serious tickets such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Ford C-Max Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford C-Max Hybrid 99 92 95 94 89 100BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best reasons to buy car insurance in California
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Riverside, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are out there
You just read a lot of techniques to shop for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Riverside auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Riverside auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
How to quote cheaper Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Riverside
The preferred way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Riverside.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and bad credit can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. View companies
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)