The easiest way to find better pricing on car insurance rates in Riverside is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and a negative credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Immediately safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are inclined to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a lower rate. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates regularly saved as much as $865 annually compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for Ford F-150 insurance in Riverside is why you’re reading this, learning how to quote and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
When looking for affordable Ford F-150 insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from many car insurance companies in California. By far the easiest way to compare rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to physically go to local Riverside insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you require the personal advice only provided by licensed Riverside agents. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent.
Just remember that getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best rates. Not every company does online price quotes, so you need to compare quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
Cheap Riverside auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Riverside without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will help lower your auto insurance premiums.
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford F-150 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, good student, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for safety features, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, good student, newly married, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good student, accident-free, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for multi-policy, company car, anti-lock brakes, group or association, teen driver, and paid in full.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, driver training, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, drive less, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply in Riverside. To view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, follow this link.
Ford F-150 detailed coverage information
The table shown below covers different insurance premium costs for Ford F-150 models. Having knowledge of how rates are calculated can aid in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$184||$232||$442||$26||$132||$1,016||$85|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$184||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,082||$90|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$184||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,082||$90|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$184||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,082||$90|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$184||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,082||$90|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$238||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,136||$95|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$238||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,136||$95|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$238||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,136||$95|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$238||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,264||$105|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$238||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,264||$105|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$238||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,264||$105|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$266||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,292||$108|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$266||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,292||$108|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$266||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates greatly.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Riverside.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Riverside that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Riverside for you
When finding a good insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents in Riverside can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Riverside that can possibly get you rate quotes.
6281 Brockton Ave # 2 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 684-3624 – View Map
Epstein Insurance Agency
11750 Carly Court – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 687-1012 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Riverside exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Riverside?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
How do Insurance Companies Determine Ford F-150 Insurance Premiums?
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
Your vocation and car insurance rates – Occupations such as military generals, business owners, and stock brokers tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like professors, athletes and performers have lower than average premiums.
Too many claims drive up prices – Companies in California give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Ford F-150 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Incidental coverages that may not be needed – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Ford F-150 insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD||67||110||39|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD||42||93||72|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD||75||76||101||56||57||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance for your Ford vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Riverside, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Affordable Ford F-150 insurance in Riverside is available both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)