It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who compare rates annually are inclined to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that people who shopped around every year saved over $865 a year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Ford Five Hundred insurance is your target objective, understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The most effective way to get more affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers in Riverside.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic citations and a negative credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This enables a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Riverside can be easy if you know a few tricks. But California vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
Cheapest companies for Ford Five Hundred insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your prices.
- Add-on coverages push up rates – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Ford is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Traffic violations cost more than a fine – Having just one citation can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger insurers afford a discount to customers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Car insurance liability coverage limits – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Premiums may be higher where you live – Living in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money compared to being single. It usually means you are more responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Credit rating impacts costs – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Ford Five Hundred by improving your credit score. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
Get lower-cost rates on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Riverside with these insurance discounts
Insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of providers who offer online Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
Local Riverside insurance agents and insurance
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Riverside car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in Riverside should know the answers to these questions.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
If you get satisfactory answers to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an insurer that meets the criteria to provide insurance coverage.
California auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality insurer can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Riverside. The rank data shown below may help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
How much can you save?
We’ve covered many tips how you can find lower-cost Ford Five Hundred insurance in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Ford Five Hundred rate quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheap Ford Five Hundred insurance in Riverside is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Riverside car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)