How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Riverside? Purchasing discount Riverside Hyundai Santa Fe insurance quotes on the web can appear to be difficult for people that are relatively new to buying insurance online. With such a large choice of companies, how can you have the ability to compare every possible option in order to find the lowest rates?
A recent study showed that most consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. The average driver in Riverside could save almost 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop around.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons yearly since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest price on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Riverside last year you can probably find a better rate now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to find better coverage on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Riverside at a better price.
First Step: Get free Hyundai Santa Fe insurance quotes
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from lots of California car insurance companies. The best method to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison.
Keep in mind that comparing more prices will increase your chances of finding a better price.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Statistics and details
The coverage table shown below outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Hyundai Santa Fe models. Understanding more about how car insurance prices are determined is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Santa Fe GLS 2WD||$378||$686||$578||$34||$174||$1,850||$154|
|Santa Fe GLS 4WD||$434||$686||$578||$34||$174||$1,906||$159|
|Santa Fe SE 2WD||$434||$686||$578||$34||$174||$1,906||$159|
|Santa Fe Limited 2WD||$434||$810||$578||$34||$174||$2,030||$169|
|Santa Fe SE 4WD||$434||$810||$578||$34||$174||$2,030||$169|
|Santa Fe Limited 4WD||$490||$810||$578||$34||$174||$2,086||$174|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease prices substantially.
Can higher deductibles save money?
When shopping for car insurance, a common question is the level to set your comp and collision deductibles. The following insurance rates can help illustrate the premium difference between low and high comp and collision deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $100 deductible for comp and collision and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Santa Fe GLS 2WD||$332||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,643||$137|
|Santa Fe GLS 4WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,691||$141|
|Santa Fe SE 2WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,691||$141|
|Santa Fe Limited 2WD||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,815||$151|
|Santa Fe SE 4WD||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,815||$151|
|Santa Fe Limited 4WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,865||$155|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Santa Fe GLS 2WD||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Santa Fe GLS 4WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Santa Fe SE 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Santa Fe Limited 2WD||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Santa Fe SE 4WD||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Santa Fe Limited 4WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in your specific Riverside location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $100 deductible would cost the average driver about $30 more each month or $360 annually across all Hyundai Santa Fe models than opting for the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $400 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average at a minimum 13 months between claim filings, you would most likely save money if you opt for a higher deductible.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Hyundai Santa Fe yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Santa Fe liability-only versus full coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Hyundai Santa Fe car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Santa Fe settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Insurance in California serves several purposes
Even though Riverside Santa Fe insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Hyundai Santa Fe, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that are used to determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels. Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the items that factor into premiums.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more miles you rack up on your Hyundai in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated Santa Fe may be wasting your money. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Safer occupants lowers rates – Safer cars get lower rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
Insurance prices and vehicle performance – The performance of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these variables: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Hyundai Santa Fe car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Cautious drivers pay the best rates – Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Getting just one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have severe tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The information below illustrates how violations and accidents raise Hyundai Santa Fe car insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- More stress means more cost – Careers such as doctors, airline pilots, and dentists tend to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the flip side, careers like scientists, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
Do males or females drive better? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes are in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
The information below compares Hyundai Santa Fe premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Hyundai Santa Fe insurance loss statistics – Insurers analyze the history of losses when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher losses will have higher premium rates.
The table below outlines the loss history for Hyundai Santa Fe vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Santa Fe 4dr 2WD 91 94 82 86 92 91 Hyundai Santa Fe 4dr 4WD 109 115 97 96 84 94 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr 2WD 88 90 93 90 89 93 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr 4WD 95 91 110 90 96 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Hyundai Santa Fe insurance discounts in Riverside
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai could earn substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Riverside car insurance with certain companies.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Santa Fe car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies that have most of the discounts above include:
Before buying, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not be available in Riverside.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
What if I want to buy from local Riverside auto insurance agents?
A lot of people would rather talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Riverside.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
What type of Riverside car insurance agent is right for you?
If you want to use a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Riverside can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you should always get rate quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Riverside who can help you get price quotes.
- Prism Insurance Agency
9824 Magnolia Ave a – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 353-1200 – View Map
- Mey’s Insurance Services
5586 Mission Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 684-0494 – View Map
- Danmar Insurance Services
9899 Indiana Ave #101 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 509-0509 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Riverside who can help you get price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Dominique Tran
10800 Hole Ave #3 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 343-3408 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2711 Canyon Springs Parkway, Suite A-104 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 786-9477 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rose Smith
4270 Riverwalk Pkwy #110 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 549-3900 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Riverside, get answers to these questions.
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Ratings for Riverside car insurance companies
Picking the best car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Riverside. The rank data displayed below could help you analyze which providers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Cover all your bases
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Riverside can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Riverside car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
How to find low-cost rates for Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Riverside
The most effective way to save on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Riverside is to regularly compare prices from companies in California.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Once received, put the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Riverside, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)