The most effective way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Riverside.
- Step 1: Learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for more ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper TSX coverage is available in Riverside. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at all possible companies. This guarantees a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never quoted car insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers could cut their rates by $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Riverside is really quite easy. But California vehicle owners must comprehend the way companies price online insurance.
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find a better price.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Riverside, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Statistics and details
The coverage table displayed next covers estimates of rate quotes for Acura TSX models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance premiums are determined can help you make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TSX Technology Package||$390||$744||$386||$22||$116||$1,658||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise prices significantly.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Acura TSX premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender in Riverside
The diagram below compares Acura TSX insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cheaper Riverside insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise all discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Riverside auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Riverside auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Riverside auto insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance companies give a lower price if you buy some life insurance too.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to look at where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Riverside auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below shows the difference between Acura TSX premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, good student, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, safe driver, accident prevention training, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, switch companies, multi-car, bundle discounts, early shopping, distant student, and good student.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, and multi-car.
- USAA offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, vehicle storage, new vehicle, driver training, and family discount.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Riverside. To find insurance companies with the best discounts in California, click here.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura TSX has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Acura for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
When should I contact an agent?
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is still important in Riverside.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a good Riverside insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Riverside that may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Riverside who can help you get price quote information.
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Riverside should have no problem answering these questions:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?