If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find more affordable Chevy Cavalier insurance in Riverside is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in California. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and bad credit can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover tips to prevent high rates and find missing discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Inconceivable but true, over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Riverside could cut their rates by about 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, use these tips to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. Comparing quotes for the lowest-priced car insurance coverage in Riverside is easy to do. Comparison shoppers just have to use the fastest way to quote multiple rates from many companies at once.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Chevy Cavalier Insurance
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
Good credit scores equal low premiums – Your credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Cavalier by improving your credit score.
Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Liability insurance is cheap – Liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are responsible for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Small coverages can add up – There are many extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas initially, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Low mileage costs less – The more you drive annually the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your vehicle rating is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Cavalier may be wasting your money.
Better drivers pay lower premiums – Only having one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have careless violations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
Safety first – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need vehicle insurance in California
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy Cavalier, most lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Chevy Cavalier and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Chevy Cavalier insurance discounts in Riverside
Some insurers don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Chevrolet Cavalier insurance.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family discounts include good driver, air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, anti-theft, good student, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, homeowners, early bird, defensive driver, good student, and teen driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not apply in your state. To view car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Riverside, follow this link.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Riverside who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Riverside?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
What type of Riverside auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you would like to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they work. Riverside agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Riverside that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Claudia Torres
6857 Thomas Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 788-9006 – View Map
- Jean Sullivan – State Farm Insurance Agent
6511 Brockton Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 683-3131 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rose Smith
4270 Riverwalk Pkwy #110 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 549-3900 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, we recommend you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Riverside independent agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Danmar Insurance Services
9899 Indiana Ave #101 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 509-0509 – View Map
- Mey’s Insurance Services
5586 Mission Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 684-0494 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated
6809 Indiana Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (877) 898-9333 – View Map
You can find cheaper coverage
Lower-priced auto insurance in Riverside can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Chevy Cavalier insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation or even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
More learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)