If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Riverside is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who sell insurance in California.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study discovered that drivers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on Mercury Mariner insurance in Riverside is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of how to shop for insurance premiums can make shopping around easier.
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from different Riverside insurance companies. The fastest way to find affordable Mercury Mariner insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find the best offered rates.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Riverside, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mariner with a loan, almost every bank will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercury at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance statistics and figures
The premium information shown below covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Mercury Mariner models. Having a better idea how insurance policy rates are determined can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mariner Premier 2WD||$270||$454||$384||$22||$114||$1,244||$104|
|Mariner Hybrid 2WD||$270||$536||$450||$26||$134||$1,416||$118|
|Mariner Premier AWD||$304||$454||$384||$22||$114||$1,278||$107|
|Mariner Hybrid AWD||$304||$536||$450||$26||$134||$1,450||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise price quotes noticeably.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accidents drive up Mercury Mariner insurance rates for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below compares Mercury Mariner yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no written rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Mercury Mariner replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Don’t overlook these Mercury Mariner insurance discounts
Some providers don’t always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for switching to them early. You could save around 10% when you buy Riverside auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will cut your overall bill.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Mercury Mariner auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Riverside, click here to view.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Riverside auto insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Riverside.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Riverside who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are searching for a local Riverside insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Riverside are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Riverside independent insurance agents that may be able to give free car insurance rate quotes.
- Mey’s Insurance Services
5586 Mission Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 684-0494 – View Map
- Gibson-Hadley Insurance Agency Inc – Mercury Insurance Agent
10363 Hole Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (888) 955-0950 – View Map
- Prism Insurance Agency
9824 Magnolia Ave a – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 353-1200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agents in Riverside that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Dominique Tran
10800 Hole Ave #3 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 343-3408 – View Map
- Troy Manning – State Farm Insurance Agent
4955 Felspar St j – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 360-9921 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Anna Ramirez
3590 Central Ave #212 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 274-0047 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Upon receiving good answers to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
California auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right car insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Riverside. The ranking data shown next could help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Quote more to save more
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper Mercury Mariner insurance in Riverside can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)