Unfortunately, most California auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in the U.S. could save as much as $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Riverside is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in California. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Beetle insurance in Riverside. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
When shopping for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Riverside there are multiple ways to compare quotes from many different California insurance companies. The quickest method to find cheaper rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When quoting car insurance, remember that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding better pricing. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you need to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper rates with these eight rate reducing discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Riverside Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow driving data collection to spy on driving habits remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give a small break simply for signing on the web.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, passive restraint, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good driver, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and driver training.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, military active duty, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-theft, drive less, and bundle discounts.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area.
Analysis of coverages
The premium table shown below showcases a range of coverage prices for Volkswagen Beetle models. Having knowledge of how car insurance prices are determined can help you make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$236||$534||$454||$26||$136||$1,386||$116|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$306||$628||$352||$20||$106||$1,412||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can affect premiums noticeably.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims impact Volkswagen Beetle car insurance rates for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Volkswagen Beetle liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut rule for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Beetle settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
When to get advice from an agent
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Riverside who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Riverside?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below are Riverside exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2711 Canyon Springs Parkway, Suite A-104 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 786-9477 – View Map
- Adolfo Saldana – State Farm Insurance Agent
7344 Magnolia Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 637-3100 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Juan Zaragoza
3333 Central Ave b – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 367-1490 – View Map
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Riverside that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Gibson-Hadley Insurance Agency Inc – Mercury Insurance Agent
10363 Hole Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (888) 955-0950 – View Map
- Applied General Agency
1485 Spruce St – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 686-6120 – View Map
- Strong Tie Insurance Services
1766 University Ave # 104 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 682-1200 – View Map
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though Riverside Beetle insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Volkswagen Beetle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from flooding, rock chips in glass, vandalism and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Beetle.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in California), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Beetle resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Beetle to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as emergency aid, bail bonds, medical services, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for EMT expenses, funeral costs, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
What is the best auto insurance company in California?
Picking a highly-rated insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in California. The company ratings shown next may help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Shop smart and save
As you quote Riverside auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
More affordable insurance in Riverside can be found online and with local Riverside insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Volkswagen Beetle insurance rates in Riverside. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)