The easiest way to get low-cost Audi A5 insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Riverside.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Sadly, the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Riverside could save themselves $470 a year just by comparing rates, but they think it’s difficult to shop around.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to find better prices using the following tips. These techniques will help you learn how to get online quotes. But California car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies charge you for coverage and use it to find better rates.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Job can influence premiums – Jobs like real estate brokers, architects, and stock brokers tend to have the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, historians and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance. Coverages for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Being married reduces risk – Having a significant other actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage translates into being more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- High credit equals lower prices – Having a good credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Audi A5 by improving your rating.
- What are good liability coverage limits? – Liability coverage will afford coverage when you are determined to be liable for an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Deductibles for physical damage tell how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Deter car thieves – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft.
Insurance losses for an Audi A5 – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The table below shows the historical loss data for Audi A5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Audi A5 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The rate information shown below outlines estimates of rate quotes for Audi A5 models. Understanding more about how premiums are calculated is important for you to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$712||$488||$28||$146||$1,710||$143|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$712||$488||$28||$146||$1,710||$143|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$804||$488||$28||$146||$1,802||$150|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$804||$488||$28||$146||$1,802||$150|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$804||$488||$28||$146||$1,802||$150|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$336||$804||$574||$34||$172||$1,920||$160|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$336||$804||$574||$34||$172||$1,920||$160|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$370||$804||$488||$28||$146||$1,836||$153|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$370||$804||$574||$34||$172||$1,954||$163|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$370||$804||$574||$34||$172||$1,954||$163|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$370||$898||$488||$28||$146||$1,930||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can change prices greatly.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Audi A5 annual premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The information below illustrates how violations and accident claims can raise Audi A5 car insurance rates for each different age category. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost of full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Audi A5 insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact formula of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi A5 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Riverside and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable data collection to study driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi A5 auto insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good student, type of vehicle, good driver, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, ease of repair, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, air bags, early bird, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, automatic seat belts, and defensive driver.
- Allstate includes discounts for EZ pay plan discount, multi-policy, safe driver, good student, anti-theft, and premier discount.
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Riverside. To view insurance companies who offer discounts in California, click here.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on Audi A5 insurance in Riverside. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Audi A5 insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper Audi A5 insurance in Riverside is available online in addition to many Riverside insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Used Cars in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)