The preferred way to get affordable car insurance rates in Riverside is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in California.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Inconceivable but true, over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in Riverside could save $500 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Riverside is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you are already insured or just want to save money, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. You just need to know the best way to get comparison quotes using one simple form.
How Your Bolt EV Insurance Rates are Determined
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Listed below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Excellent credit scores equal low costs – A driver’s credit score factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Bolt EV by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
A policy lapse can increase premiums – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a quick way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to file a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Commute or pleasure use – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Bolt EV may be costing you higher rates. Verify your policy states the correct usage.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Just one moving violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Your occupation is a factor – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like fire fighters, airline pilots, and dentists generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like farmers, historians and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Most of the larger companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give pricing on their websites. Comparing Chevy Bolt EV insurance rates online is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into a form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information. Quoting online for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Riverside makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the lowest payment on car insurance.
In order to compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Bolt EV in Riverside, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy Bolt EV, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper rates on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Riverside with these discounts
Companies don’t list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current Bolt EV insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Riverside car insurance online.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive get Riverside car insurance on the web.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Resident Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Riverside without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for accident-free, low natural disaster claims, good driver, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, annual mileage, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, early shopping, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, pay in full, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, driver’s education, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Allstate offers discounts for resident student, farm vehicle, anti-theft, safe driver, and senior citizen.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
When quoting, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available in your state. To find companies who offer online Chevy Bolt EV insurance quotes in California, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Riverside car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How long has their agency been in business in Riverside?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
How to know if you need help
When buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Bolt EV?
- Should I rate my Chevy Bolt EV as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
You just learned many ways to save on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Riverside. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Riverside car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Cheaper Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Riverside is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Riverside Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)