Do you need a better way to compare more competitive auto insurance rates in Riverside, CA? Riverside consumers have many options when looking for affordable Porsche Boxster insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for your Porsche and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Riverside agents.
You should take the time to check auto insurance prices quite often because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates on Porsche Boxster insurance in Riverside last year you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Porsche Boxster insurance in Riverside.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, follow these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. This information will familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how you can save the most money. Comparison shoppers just need to know the least time-consuming way to compare rates online from multiple companies.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Porsche Boxster insurance in Riverside is to understand most of the larger companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is give them some information including your job, if the car is leased, if you are currently licensed, and how old drivers are. The data is then sent to all major companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare multiple company cheaper Porsche Boxster insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance statistics for a Porsche Boxster
The coverage table shown next covers a range of rate quotes for Porsche Boxster models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance policy rates are figured is important for making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$436||$856||$386||$22||$116||$1,816||$151|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$480||$970||$386||$22||$116||$1,974||$165|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter coverage rates significantly.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The information below shows how violations and accidents influence Porsche Boxster insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The information below compares Porsche Boxster insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Porsche Boxster in Riverside, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Boxster has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Porsche at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Take these six policy discounts and save on Porsche Boxster insurance in Riverside
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance companies give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below shows the difference between Porsche Boxster annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some companies that have most of these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Riverside.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Riverside auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of Riverside car insurance agents
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents in Riverside are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can do a good job, but we need to point out the differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, we recommend you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent agents in Riverside who can help you get free auto insurance quotes.
- Rick Plata Insurance Agency
4204 Riverwalk Pkwy #200 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 801-2032 – View Map
- Del Smith Insurance Agency
1355 E Alessandro Blvd # 200 – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 653-2188 – View Map
- Adriana’s Insurance Services
6200 Van Buren Boulevard #105 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 710-1100 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Riverside that are able to give price quote information.
- Maria Abrigo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7000 Indiana Ave #113 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 782-8450 – View Map
- Josh Terraneau – State Farm Insurance Agent
5053 La Mart Dr #103 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 784-4353 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cynthia MC Ghee
6710 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 369-8850 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any good agent in Riverside should know the answers to these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, emergency aid and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as pain medications, doctor visits and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Boxster in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, hail damage, falling objects, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Porsche Boxster.
Since many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Smart shoppers get results
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on Porsche Boxster insurance in Riverside. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Riverside auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
As you quote Riverside auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, high prices and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Steps to finding affordable Porsche Boxster insurance in Riverside
The most effective way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Riverside is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in California. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Riverside. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)