If you want to save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Dodge Dakota insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies in Riverside.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives instructions to get cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who get comparison quotes once a year are likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved about $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is your intention, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. These techniques will introduce you to how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. Drivers just have to know the fastest way to shop online.
Low Cost car insurance in Riverside, CA
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Statistics and details
The coverage table displayed next highlights different insurance prices for Dodge Dakota models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance premiums are determined can be valuable when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$332||$686||$552||$32||$166||$1,768||$147|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$332||$686||$552||$32||$166||$1,768||$147|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$380||$686||$552||$32||$166||$1,816||$151|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$380||$686||$552||$32||$166||$1,816||$151|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$380||$810||$552||$32||$166||$1,940||$162|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$380||$810||$552||$32||$166||$1,940||$162|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,716||$143|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,716||$143|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$430||$810||$552||$32||$166||$1,990||$166|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,716||$143|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,716||$143|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,716||$143|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$478||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,888||$157|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can influence coverage rates significantly.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Dodge Dakota yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Riverside car insurance with select insurance companies.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the web.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below compares Dodge Dakota premium costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, and claim-free.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for accident-free, good driver, ease of repair, type of vehicle, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, and age of vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for family plan, anti-theft, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, military active duty, defensive driver, daytime running lights, federal employee, air bags, and driver training.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in California, click here to view.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When choosing coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Riverside car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Riverside.
By using this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Riverside that provide free Riverside car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can handle auto insurance, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, you need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Riverside that can give you free price quotes.
- Chris Folsom Insurance Agency
3727 6th St – Riverside, CA 92501 – (951) 680-0575 – View Map
- Bergman Insurance
6281 Brockton Ave # 2 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 684-3624 – View Map
- Atchley and Associates Insurance Services
7891 Mission Grove Pkwy S – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 275-0340 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Riverside that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mike Ponce
1525 3rd St b – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 784-0951 – View Map
- Troy Manning – State Farm Insurance Agent
4955 Felspar St j – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 360-9921 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Dominique Tran
10800 Hole Ave #3 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 343-3408 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is there a local claims center in Riverside?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Lower rates by being persistent
We just showed you some good ideas how to find lower-cost Dodge Dakota insurance in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
When searching for the cheapest Dodge Dakota rate quotes, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
More affordable car insurance in Riverside is possible on the web in addition to many Riverside insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)