It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of insurance customers in California have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. drivers can save almost $850 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to compare rates online.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable Ford Freestyle insurance in Riverside is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in California. This can be done by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Freestyle insurance in Riverside. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to find better prices without reducing coverage. This article’s goal is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and how to save the most money. Vehicle owners only need to know the most effective way to buy insurance from many different companies.
What Determines Ford Freestyle Insurance Premiums?
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings. Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Marriage can save on auto insurance – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Youthful vs. mature drivers – More mature drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Freestyle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Advanced theft deterrents – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance prices – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Freestyle in Riverside, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Freestyle definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These discounts can cut Ford Freestyle insurance rates
Auto insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about before they will apply.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Multi-line Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a lower auto insurance rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Freestyle can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Freestyle insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include youthful driver, homeowner, multi-car, business and professional, distant student, and electronic funds transfer.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, passive restraint, driver’s education, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for good student, new move discount, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, and new graduate.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Riverside auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in Riverside. To see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Riverside, click here to view.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Riverside car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Riverside.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Riverside should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
How to find a good Riverside car insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Riverside. The company rank data listed below could help you decide which insurers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Ford Freestyle insurance in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford Freestyle rate quotes. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers and even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)