Are you tired of overpaying and want low-cost Ford Fusion insurance in Riverside? Finding cheap Ford Fusion insurance in Riverside is always kind of frustrating for beginners to comparison shopping online. There are so many options available that it can turn into hard work to find cheaper premium rates on Ford Fusion insurance.
How to find better rates for Ford Fusion insurance in Riverside
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost Ford Fusion insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Riverside.
- First, read and learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are very likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable Ford Fusion insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to find and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best price on Ford Fusion insurance in Riverside six months ago there may be better deals available now. There are a lot of ways to save on Fusion insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some excellent ideas to reduce your insurance bill.
If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the ideas you’re about to read. These tips will introduce you to the most effective ways to compare rates and also pocket some savings But California car owners do need to understand how companies sell online.
Low Cost companies for Ford Fusion insurance in California
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance statistics and figures
The data table displayed below showcases different insurance policy prices for Ford Fusion models. Having a good understanding how car insurance prices are calculated is important for making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$408||$574||$34||$172||$1,390||$116|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$482||$574||$34||$172||$1,490||$124|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$554||$718||$42||$214||$1,756||$146|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$482||$574||$34||$172||$1,490||$124|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$482||$574||$34||$172||$1,490||$124|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$554||$574||$34||$172||$1,588||$132|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$554||$574||$34||$172||$1,588||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in Riverside location which can raise or lower coverage rates considerably.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The illustration below compares Ford Fusion car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Fusion settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Discounts can help lower rates on Ford Fusion insurance in Riverside
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount available very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Driving Data Discount – Riverside drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Riverside Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because it shows financial diligence.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Resident Student – Kids living away from Riverside attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The information is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, good driver, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and early bird.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, family plan, accident-free, multi-policy, and business or organization.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, claim-free, accident-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, 55 and older, early bird, teen driver, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for pay in full, bundle discounts, early shopping, homeowner, distant student, multi-car, and electronic funds transfer.
- Allstate may offer discounts for early signing, senior citizen, eSmart discount, anti-lock brakes, and farm vehicle.
When quoting, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Riverside. To view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Riverside, click this link.
Local Riverside insurance agencies
Many people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Riverside that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Where are claims handled?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are they full-time agents?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you want a good Riverside insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Below are Riverside exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Troy Manning – State Farm Insurance Agent
4955 Felspar St j – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 360-9921 – View Map
- Jean Sullivan – State Farm Insurance Agent
6511 Brockton Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 683-3131 – View Map
- Lynne Dattilo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6560 Van Buren Boulevard a – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3700 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are independent agents in Riverside that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Olmedo Insurance Agency
10600 Magnolia Avenue, #B – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 689-0540 – View Map
- Applied General Agency
1485 Spruce St – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 686-6120 – View Map
- Joseph Insurance Services
3694 Sunnyside Dr – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 683-0777 – View Map
California auto insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Riverside. The company rank data below could help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Ford Fusion?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Fusion caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Fusion to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses for nursing services, pain medications and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, legal defense fees and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not provide adequate coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Ford Fusion.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We covered many tips how you can shop for Ford Fusion insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Riverside is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Riverside agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Steps to buying lower priced Ford Fusion insurance in Riverside
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Riverside is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Make sure you store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One thing to remember is to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)