The best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Riverside.
- Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover the details to get cheaper rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Soul EV insurance in Riverside. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Unimaginable but true, most auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in Riverside could save about 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Where can I get cheap Riverside Kia Soul EV insurance?
When quoting auto insurance, remember that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Riverside, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Soul EV insurance, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Kia and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Riverside
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help calculate car insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
No policy lapses saves money – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Get better prices if you’re married – Getting married helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Reserve claims for larger damages – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California award most affordable rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
Bad credit hurts insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Kia Soul EV if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit ratings.
Save money by eliminating extra coverages – There are many add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Vehicle features that lower prices – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent car theft.
Infrequent drivers can save – The more you drive your Kia annually the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Soul EV can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
Ratings for Riverside auto insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Riverside. The ranking data listed below could help you decide which companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Frequent quotes can save
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered many tips how you can shop for Kia Soul EV insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Riverside auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Budget-conscious Kia Soul EV insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)